Youth Conservation & Education Expo
Save the date for the 2017 Expo on May 13!
Thanks to all the volunteers and participants who helped make the Expo a huge success! Read Ravalli Republic's 5/15/16 article which summed up the big day!
Thanks to our generous sponsors and enthusiastic partners, local youth once again meandered through the Slack Barn and the surrounding grounds to visit educational booths and interactive trailers from over 40 national and local conservation organizations. We provided tuition and travel funding for over 75 area youth to attend outdoor education summer camps! These camps are located at the Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Ranch, Glacier Institute, Lubrecht Experimental Forest and more!
Thanks to our 2016 Sponsors for their support:
- Earl Sherron Memorial Fund $6,336
- Teller Wildlife Refuge $5,500
- Cabela's Outdoor Fund $5,000
- Ravalli County Fish & Wildlife Association $5,000
- Wild Sheep Foundation $3,700
- Rapp Family Foundation $3,000
- National Wildlife Federation $2,950
- Safari Club International - MT Chapter $2,000
- Friends of Lee Metcalf National Wildlife Refuge $2,000
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundatoin $1,500
- Pheasants Forever $1,500
- Mule Deer Foundation $1,000
- Sportsmen for Fish & Wildlife Montana $1,000
- Montana Bowhunters Association $750
- Traditional Bowhunters of Montana $750
- Warm Springs Productions $500
- Republic Services of Montana $500
- Rocky Mountain Internet $500
- Selway-Pintler Wilderness Back Country Horsemen $450
- Montana Backcountry Hunters & Anglers $400
- Cockrell Construction $200
- Ravalli Electric Co-op $200
- Ammo & More $100
- Teller Wildlife Refuge’s Nature Connections Summer Camp Scholarships
- Ducks Unlimited youth waterfowl hunt on Teller Wildlife Refuge
- Pheasants Forever youth pheasant hunt on Teller Wildlife Refuge
- Fishing Float Trips
- Mountain Hardware Tent
- Complete Bow Package
- 2 one-day fishing trips at Gates of the Mountains for one youth
- Fishing Poles
- One Week of one of BEAR's summer camps
- Youth Mountain Lion Hunts
- Free Organization Merchandise
- Trappers Youth Camp scholarships from Sportsman for Fish & Wildlife and Montana Trappers Association
- Montana Natural History Center scholarship to the middle school Animal Handlers Summer Camp, taught in conjunction with Animal Wonders
Check out the Expo brochure!
Donate Now and add "Youth Expo" in the Comments box to contribute a donation toward the 2016 Expo!
Thanks to all our sponsors and partners for working together to benefit our local kids! We welcome additional community organizations to get involved in 2016. We're looking forward to another wonderful Expo!